Living Well Beyond Cancer Survivor Series
The Living Well Beyond Cancer Survivor Series is designed to help individuals with cancer, their families and caregivers build knowledge around the side effects people often experience because of cancer and its treatment.
Throughout the series, we will be joined by many cancer rehabilitation experts who will share their knowledge of common side effects, highlight early warning signs and explain how ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation therapists can help people proactively manage and overcome these impairments.
Whether you or a loved one have recently been diagnosed, are undergoing active treatment or are transitioning/have transitioned into survivorship, this program is for you.
Our goal is to help individuals with cancer prepare and live well. We hope you will join us.
Cancer Related Fatigue
Audrey Stockwell, PT, DPT, OCS, CLT
Tuesday, May 18, 2021 from 2:00 PM to 2:30 PM EST
Click here to learn more and register
An Introduction to Cancer Rehabilitation
Join Michael D. Stubblefield, MD for an introduction to cancer rehabilitation where he discusses:
- What cancer rehabilitation is and why it is so important for many individuals affected by cancer
- The common impairments ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation therapists can help to manage and overcome
- When cancer rehabilitation should be included in a treatment plan
- The role of physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech language pathologists as cancer rehabilitation clinicians
This session will help you understand the “why” of cancer rehabilitation and how it is possible to maintain function and quality of life during cancer treatment and beyond.View the Video
Mindfulness and Emotional Support
Join Dr. Loran Vocaturo for an insightful discussion on the practice of mindfulness and its connection to emotional health.
This session will help you understand what mindfulness is, what it is not and why it is beneficial for individuals and families who have been affected by cancer.
The following topics will be explored:
- Different types of stress and impact on health and well-being
- Mindfulness and its benefits
- How to develop mindfulness strategies to promote well-being
- Incorporating a mindfulness practice into daily life
View the video